Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day, again

This time it was my first day of school. I am a teacher and I am starting my 4th year teaching preK! I love it. I met all of my students quickly on Friday during our class visits, but I am always a tad nervous as I open the door on the first day... will I handle myself well, will I connect with my students, will I connect with my families, will they cry, will I cry?

The day was beautiful... it was a short day and many parents stayed with helps to ease the transition to school... was it just a "honeymoon" period, or are they angels? Only time will tell, but I like to think they are angels.

This year is bitter sweet... I'm in the last year of my masters program and I get to do some research and use my students; which is very exciting. This is also my last year teaching at the preschool; which is hard. It will be time in my life and the life of my family to move forward. My goal... to make this the best preK year EVER.

Today I get my students BY MYSELF! Should prove to be fun, hectic and I predict... rewarding.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

SOO excited to be part of your best year ever in pre-k! my daughter's having a BLAST with you! :)

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I SOOO wish you could teach Mr. Perfect. You sound like the best teacher in the world!