Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's raining...

in my house!

Not a good way to start the day.

I came down the stairs, all was quiet except the drip, drip, drip. My first thought, was that we must have a clogged gutter... and I must have left the window open because I can really hear that drip, drip, drip. I decided to investigate... I found it as the drip landed on my head and I realized I was standing on a wet area rug.

My first thought... ummm... inappropriate... my second thought... "NOT the hardwood floors!" I threw the couch out of the way, grabbed towels to soak up the water on the rug and underneath. The floors look fine. I placed a dry towel down and put a bucket on top. Now I hear...

drip

DRip

DRIP.

I have a plan. (Did I mention I called my husband on a business trip and woke him in a dead sleep.) I searched for a roofer and found a thousand choices. I remembered that a friend just had her roof done. So, when it is a respectable hour I will be calling her for the number, then I will call the roofer and then I think a call to the home owners insurance company is in order.

YUCK!

1 comment:

Karmyn R said...

OH NO!!! That is not good - especially when husband's are gone. I hate having to deal with that stuff by myself.

And speaking of sleepovers - never have done it yet.