Thursday, June 10, 2010

In order

As I went to bed last night I realized that I was more at peace-- why?

As I reflected a couple of things came to mind... Through all of the stress, trials and commitments I managed to fill my cup on simple ways.

~ when I felt exhausted, I let myself close my eyes for a few minutes
~ made dinner (tried to make our own pizza -- need to practice)
~ everyone spent time in their bedroms (including me) tidying up and putting away laundry
~ took time to review monthly finances
~ phinneous relaxed in the hot tub-- by himself
~ I relaxed in the hot tub-- by myself!

As I headed up to bed I noticed the difference... It just felt peaceful and in order.

1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

God must be trying to send me a message. My mom just told me the same thing yesterday. She said when I am so overwhelmed or unhappy to just take a moment and find one small thing that would make me happy. Read a book, put away the laundry, soak in the tub... It's so important that we take the time to do those things for ourselves. Yet, as moms, I think we often forget or put ourselves last on the list. Thanks for the reminder.