Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Menu Planning by Pepe

Edited to add photos!








Pepe is bored... third day of summer and he's bored. Of course it is because that little brother headed off to a friends house and the friend he called couldn't come over. After entertaining himself for quite awhile he finally announced it.... I'M BORED!

I suggested that he plan our dinner menu for the week. He looked at me curiously and said...
  1. tortellini
  2. ravioli
  3. spaghetti
  4. lasagna
  5. pasta salad
Ha! He's funny... and he loves pasta. All kidding aside, I pointed out the cookbooks and told him to find something. I also mentioned that Giada's (Dad's girlfriend) cookbook would have pasta dishes as she is Italian. He came back with dinner and dessert...

from Giada -- (he put sticky notes on the pages for me)
Cheese Tortellini in Light Broth

from The Great American Cookbook -- (more sticky notes)
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

Next assignment -- create a shopping list.
WHAT?
I explained how to do it... go through the ingredient list and decide what we don't have and write it down.
DONE.

I guess we're headed to the store in a few minutes... since I'm out of tortellini ;)

I wonder what's on the menu for tomorrow night?

2 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

That's so cute!

Pamela said...

He must be my grandson separated at birth.

Explains the pasta.