Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer :: Finding our Groove

After much morning complaining...

  • I'm bored
  • This is so dumb
  • What can I do?
  • There is nothing to do
  • I want a turn on the computer
  • duh
  • etc, etc, etc,
I think we found a common ground. Out came the big building board (aka old bulletin board) and the forts began. The cars found their way out of the closet and the babies were perched along the couch.
We played, we worked (mad libs, reading and coolmathforkids.com) and then it was time to get out of the house. We had summer clothing errands to run, so a trip out for haircuts, the library, lunch at the Bamboo Hut and lastly... Kohl's... then home for real quiet time. Everyone relaxed for about an hour before heading out for soccer practice... even Jeep came along.

It was a good summer day... somewhere in there were popsicles, the hose and fighting... all in all I'll take more of these days.

No comments: