Thursday, December 11, 2008

An Old Friend & Cold Weather Food

It's been 8 years since I've seen her. We went to high school together, hem, 15 years ago. We had our sons within two months of each other. I heard my name last night over the massive amount of children at basketball photos... there she was... my friend. I was elated. I live in the same area, on the other side of town since high school, but I don't see anyone. Maybe that's my doing... I'm sure it is. I must admit, however, that it was very fun to see her and I actually hope that I get to see her again... soon... for real conversation. It was very odd to stand there with our kids... I felt old, I felt grown-up, I felt like... WHO AM I? That is my question... do you have those moments when you wonder WHO AM I? WHO HAVE I BECOME? AM I ATTAINING MY GOALS AND DREAMS? What about you? WHO ARE YOU?

It is suppose to get very cold her this weekend and early next week... maybe even snow. For us it will mean a dusting, but it will be cold. I'm planning ahead for our meals... shocking, I know. What is your favorite cold weather, stay in the house meal/snack/beverage? Please share... I need all the help I can get!

No comments: