Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A blur

The picture above (in the title) was 5 years ago. My boys were 3.5 and 2 years old. It was fall and baby girl was just 2 months old (thus, not pictured). We were so surprised when it began to snow as it was November. We don't get snow in November... in fact we don't get much snow at all in the Northwest... yes, the mountains do and we can drive easily to the snow, but it does not settle on us. That time of my life was quite a blur. I had my three darling babies in 3.5 years. I am so grateful for photographs. I can' t tell you how many times I've looked back on them to remember when my kids were little. As much as I was in a difficult place, I see smiles upon my children's faces and have warmth knowing that things were'nt "that bad". The photo in the snow warms my heart... to see the amazement and wonder with the snow. Daddy helped them build a pitiful snowman that day... leaves and such included in our dusting of snow. Now, as I look at recent pictures of my kids (see below... the two boys admiring Phinneous' new bike) I still see happy faces and amazement and wonder... my kids are wonderful, difficult at times, but wonderful!



2 comments:

Rachel said...

I, too, can relate to "the blur"...but even better, you have incredible perspective about it! Now, that's what it's all about! :)

Jules from "The Roost" said...

We all understand the blur! You kids are so cute and yes, they look happy! :)