* your son can stand on the ground and reach the monkey cross bars
* your daughter heads out on an all day play-date without any worries
* your son tells you that so-and-so and s0-and-so have a mustache/beard growing... um, they are in 4th grade... this should not yet be our conversation, right?
* you are told 'thank you' after helping with evening homework
* you are reminded that "it's time to read" from the child that doesn't love to read
* your children make plans to go and watch another friends soccer game... Oh, by the way, Mom, I need a ride.
My kids are growing up... they are still little enough and they still need me, but I see the tide shifting and I'd like it to STOP!