Thursday, May 20, 2010

S.I.L.E.N.C.E.

I don't hear silence very often... and to be honest it just makes my skin crawl. I like noise... not crazy over-the-top-I-can't-think noise, but noise. Tonight my TV is out... I'd like to blame the wind, but I'm pretty sure it is another serious oversight by my communication carrier (they drive me crazy!!!!).

Anywhoo... I have no internet, but I do have a wireless laptop and "someone" is sharing their signal with me... thanks. And I have no TV. I'm sitting here irritated and finally realized that I'm hearing the sounds of my house... Jeep snoring and moving, the refrigerator humming, my kids upstairs sleeping (yes, I can hear them sleep... pretty sure it is Phinneous snorking.) I'm amazed that all of the sudden I'm comfortable. My skin isn't crawling... I'm just dealing with the quiet.

I grew up in a family of 5 kids... there was never quiet. I have three kids... there is never quiet. This is new... I'm sure that I'm not totally comfortable with it yet... but for tonight this is what I have.

S.I.L.E.N.C.E

No comments: