Saturday, January 1, 2011

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house...

We spent Christmas eve with very good friends and their family... friends that we have had since Joe and I began dating... in fact Joe goes back even farther with them. It is a friendship in which you help each other out, compliment each other, appreciate each other... it's incredible.

I lost count at how many people we celebrated with... kids opening presents... my kids opened their Christmas eve pjs... loved watching the excitement and the embarrassment (I guess when you're a 5th grader it's weird to open pjs in front of people.)





And then we headed home...

And what to our wondering eyes had appeared... I do believe Santa had been to our house while we were gone...



They were excited, surprised... they opened half of their gifts and then chose to save the rest for morning... it was pleasant and nice and exciting and a joy to watch my children so happy.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, V Family!

And I thought our Christmas morning was crazy with 7 children under the age of 10.