Saturday, April 23, 2011

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!

See that cute boy in my blog header... it's his birthday today! Pepe is 11 years old and I can't hardly believe it.

I'm so proud of the young man he is becoming... we have definitely hit the pre-teen phase over the last few months, but I have to say that we are all handling it well (most of the time)... skinny jeans (purple and orange) and long hair... oh my! He's smart (really smart), talented, athletic... he's coming out of his shell, he's becoming less afraid to be himself and I am so happy and pleased to watch him go through these phases in life.

I had the opportunity to go to dinner with just him last night... he chose Izzy's... we talked, we had a conversation... he's getting that big. He made his own food decisions and I was an observer. A different role for me, but one I'm happy to take on.

Pepe is known for his quiet ways (don't get me wrong... he's very loud when playing)... he just doesn't need to be talking all the time. But I still enjoy his chats at night... he's always been a night talker... like when the lights go off for bed time and I hear him say, "Mom, can we talk." Oh, how I love that moment... when he doesn't want me to go and bear hugs my arm and just wants to talk.


For all the rough times we have, there a million more great times. It's never easy being a parent and it's certainly not easy being a child... but we are both doing a good job.


Happy Birthday Pepe!
(Kick bootie today at your soccer game!)

1 comment:

Shelly Cunningham said...

I love following you as you raise boys older than mine. It gives me things to look forward to, and also helps me enjoy the stage I'm at knowing that although it is difficult, it does pass all to quickly. HAPPY ELEVEN YEARS of Mommy-hood to you!