- playground -- specifically the soccer field -- kids are mean, telling him "he sucks". If you know my son you know that he is an athlete... are they just happy when he makes mistakes? He is not my boastful child... he does well and lets it be.
- classroom -- hates where he sits, was moved from his friends (because he's the kid that can sit with the kids who won't behave). He feels ousted from the group.
- just plain bullying -- "I can break your wrist... I'm in karate."
- I'm mean -- I don't like play dates during the school week. Occasionally is fine, but we are busy with practices and homework and they don't get home from school until 4 and I like them in bed by 8:30... doesn't give us a lot of time for play dates. I squelched that one... told him that we do not have play dates on a school day, but I told him I would work harder to set things up on the weekend.
We both agree that...
- this child of ours has most likely been experiencing these things for awhile (he tends to take a lot and then burst) and for whatever reason it all came out today.
- He is also VERY sensitive... wears his emotions on his sleeve. We are always working with him to let things "roll" off of him.
- He doesn't understand why people would be mean... he's not a mean spirited kid
Advice? (I already emailed the teacher and asked for her observations.)