Monday, December 15, 2008

Traditions of Ornaments

I saw on this blog an explanation about their ornaments. I loved it. We all get to enjoy our ornaments and remember the stories behind each one. I remember which ornament "Spencer" gave me as his third grade teacher, and "Kacy" as a friend as well as the oldies from mom. Here is a small assortment of our ornaments.

From my childhood. As many of you have shared, my mom gave me an ornament each year with the thought that when I moved away from home I would have a small collection to get me started. I have many angels.


My mom also, for many years, painted each of us an ornament.

We are big Packer fans at this house (as well as Favre fans). I need a new ornament with a Jets jersey.

For the last couple of years we have made these simple clear ball ornaments. The kids choose paint and drip it inside the ornament to cover the entire surface. They turn out great every time!

An ornament representing Joe and I as a couple... again from Mom.

Do your ornaments have meaning behind them?

1 comment:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

I loved seeing your ornaments and knowing the story....I have a story around most of mine too and it really makes it more meaningful!