Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An End in Sight

In September I started back to school to get my Masters of Education. I jumped in... I had thought about it for years and realized that there was 'no time like the present', so off I jumped. It's been a complete whirlwind. I've managed pretty well, so far (of course there are times when I really should just check into a hotel and save my family from my insanity... like right now trying to write my action research prelim paper) but I was frustrated as I wasn't really sure of my plan.
  • Which classes do I need to take?
  • When will I take them?
  • How will these classes fit into my personal life? (I'm a mom first!)
Today I made my way onto campus. I love being on campus. I wish I could take classes on campus instead of on-line, but that does not logistically work with three kids, many sports, a traveling husband, etc, etc, etc. I was overjoyed when I stepped back onto the familiar ground. The cherry blossoms were just as I remembered. The old brick building with ivy cleaning to the sides. The campus is changing. It is expanding. There are new buildings in progress, a new library in the works and a sports complex, I believe. What a transformation. I have so many happy memories and now I making new memories. I was able to connect with old friends and make new contacts. It was a great morning... now I must do my homework!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are amazing! The thought of going back to school overwhelms me.