Saturday, May 23, 2009

Life with 3 :: S'mores!

  1. Get fire going... you need that fire to settle down before you can roast marshmallows
2. Gather supplies. I like to use a tray for easy carrying
  • Graham Crackers
  • Marshmallows
  • Chocolate (lots of chocolate)
  • Water Bottle(s) (my kids always get thirsty around the first eating s'mores)
  • Adult beverages
  • Hand wipes

3. While waiting for the fire, whittle down the sticks with a nice pointy edge.

4. Sing songs, tell stories, play games
We like to play "I'm went to California and in my suitcase I Packed..." Pepe Kindergarten teacher (4 years ago) taught it to him. Each person packs something that starts with the next letter in the alphabet. Each person has to repeat the entire list on their turn. ex. I went to California and in my suitcase I packed an apple, a bear, a cat, a doll, etc.

5. Enjoy the s'mores, but more importantly your time together. We've yet to had a bad time having s'mores. Everyone ends up laughing and enjoying themselves.

No comments: