Thursday, January 29, 2009

A little about me...

Interviewed

My friend Karmyn had this on her blog, so I thought I'd participate and let her interview me. You can play along too... see below.

#1 - With a husband, three kids, and two dogs what has been your biggest challenge going back to school?

My biggest challenge is balance. I want to do well in all areas of my life, but sometimes you just have to do 'enough'. I've really had to prioritize the things that are important to me and slow down. Some would say I haven't slowed down at all... well, I have. I truly feel that I am doing this for my family. I've always wanted my Masters Degree and this is the right time to do it. It has also sparked many wonderful conversations between the kids and I about my homework as well as where they want to eventually go to school. Sometimes, it's just hard, but I know that it will be worth it.
#2 - What is your favorite way to get some quiet Alone time?

Hmmm... alone time... sometimes in comes in the form of grocery shopping (by myself), sometimes it's Sunday afternoon and a book, some yarn or a dvd and sometimes it takes a very LONG time to have any alone time.


#3 - If money was no option, where would you and Joe take a Romantic Vacation?

Joe and I would love a romantic vacation. We adore Palm Springs and have vacationed there twice alone (the first time I was 7 months prego with Phineous, the second time baby girl was 2 months old).... it's been awhile. I would love to take Joe to Hawaii because he's never been and we've been craving some time in the sun... there are, however, many locations... too many to choose from.

#4 - What is the one meal you cook for your family that they rave over?

You all know that Joe is the chef around here, but they do love my spatzle noodles. They also love my lasagna (from Costco people).
#5 - Who are you rooting for Superbowl?

I'm rooting for the Packers... what? they aren't in it this year... it must be a conspiracy! Ha, ha... I'm going with the Cardinals!


Anyone wishing to participate must follow the directions below.

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Interview me... but don't hold your breath.

I'm known to set things aside forever...and ever...and ever...

Karmyn R said...

I am still in awe of you - going back to school with 3 kids. I am amazed.

Did you know Dave and I are going to Hawaii in August! (for our 10th). I am soooo excited. My mom is going to come and watch the kids for us!

Thompson Tales said...

hey angela, michelle was blogstalking today and called me because she read yours....she was mad that i hadn't told her about your blog, but now she is excited to see what you are up to...she wanted to know if mandy had a blog...let me know