Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Finding Church, again :: 3

Guess what arrived via mail?




When Joanne previewed her book on her blog I immediately raised my hand to preview it. If you've read my post 1 and post 2, you know that finding a church has been on my mind. With finding a church brings inviting God into my daily life. I'm not sure that I am completely comfortable with that thought... it's not really a comfort factor, but rather a HOW factor. What do I do? I'm not going to walk around with my hands in the air in praise. If you do that, great, but it's not for me. I devoured the introduction and moved on to chapter 1 which I also devoured. Do you do that... read something so fast because you are afraid it will go away or you won't get to finish. I guess I really needed ideas and comfort, because I'm racing through it. It will have to be reread, many times I'm sure. People that know me must be thinking, "what?"... not really my style... but I say, I'm definitely in a time of search.

One of Joanne's ideas to invite God into your life is through praise music. I enjoy praise music and usually listen to it in the car. (I'm really a country girl, but sometimes the kids just shouldn't be singing along to the lyrics... you know what I mean?) I'm using my ipod to listen to Songs for Worship... they are upbeat and keeping me moving this morning. She gave an example of walking her dog, Daisy and listening to music and enjoying her surroundings. Strangely enough, I took time yesterday to walk Jeep. It was peaceful. I live in a beautiful place with views of the mountains, so we headed to the campus to take it all in; excpet I found myself staring at the concrete ground and my feet. When I read this in her book this morning

Psalm 121:1-2... lift up my eyes to the hills"

I chuckled... why do I stare at my feet and that matter my dog's behind when I can simply lift my eyes and enjoy the beauty that surrounds me. I'll work on that. This is an interesting adventure; one that I am not all too comfortable with... yet.

Kuddos to Joanne... I'm enjoying and appreciating your book this morning.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I, too, am waiting for her book to arrive and am hoping it's sitting in my mailbox right now...as I'm at the beach! Sooo anxious to get my hands on it, too!
Your journey has just begun, friend!! :)