Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ugh -- I gave in

Crazy night at our house as I'm sure yours was as well. We had a limited amount of time for dinner and I was without a plan (very bad). So, after the speech appointment and before meeting the basketball coach and baseball practice I pulled the big, 'ole Suburban through Bur9er K1ng with the intention to 'just get something for the kids'. As I rattled off the order, I caved... 'and an original chicken sandwich'. We headed home and I pulled out the sandwich... I took two bites without thinking and then realized 'this doesn't taste good', but, it's dinner because I don't have a plan. A few more bites and I was still thinking 'yuck'! At that point, I'd eaten half of it... I was disgusted. I wrapped it up and tossed it into the bag and then promptly threw it away when I got home.

Why do I sabotage myself? Especially when I've been working hard. I was disgusted with myself when I got home. But, I had to realize that I had also done something good... I stopped and threw it away! Yeah for me. Now, I need to make it over the next hurdle to a) not stop and b) HAVE A PLAN! I tend to let my dinner plans go when hubby is traveling, but I just can't do that. I need to have simple, make-in-a-hurry meals for these kind of nights.

Just to add insult to injury, I looked up the caloric information on this site. Oh my goodness! I knew it was bad, but really...

okay -- here is the damage... 1/2 a sandwich
330 calories
20 grams of FAT
26 grams of carb
12 grams protein

Oh... and just to make me feel really good... to work it off I'd need to...
  • 92 mins of walking
  • 38 mins of jogging
  • 28 mins of swimming
  • 51 mins of cycling
Well, ladies... the conclusion:
1. Have a plan
2. Don't do it
3. Check out the caloric intake and what it takes to burn off the junk we put in our bodies.

All of that for 1/2 a chicken sandwich
that didn't taste good at all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! This sounds so familiar. I did the EXACT same thing a week ago. I hadn't eaten fast food since December and we were running crazy so I stopped at BK - and ordered that damn chicken sandwich. About 3 bites in I realized it didn't taste good. (even the fries were kind of gross and I used to LOVE BK fries!)

You did better than me though - I ate my whole thing and wished I hadn't.

Thompson Tales said...

I am in the same boat...I keep commenting that I need to lose weight, but my eating is totally out of control. Sometimes I think that I am helpless...

Rachel said...

You're definitely not alone, sista! It's hard juggling it all, especially when hubby is out of town! We're trying to make Subway our "go-to" fast food, but old habits die hard.

Mama Voss said...

Thanks gals... I know most of struggle... I wish I could get to the bottom of it... great idea to make subway the fast food joint... I wish they had a drive thru... they do in scappoose... love that!